CMA CGM Group has added a new call in Taranto (Italy) on the TURMED service, which links Turkey and Tunisia via the Group’s Malta port hub.
The new call will start on 10th July allowing CMA CGM to connect Italy and Turkey in only three days. Daily train departures at the Port of Taranto will furthermore provide a fast and efficient intermodal link towards Central and North Italy, particularly the cities of Milan, Piacenza, Bologna, Jesi and Marcianise.
The TURMED service also calls at Tunisia as well as Malta, a maritime hub of the CMA CGM Group, providing access to the Group’s global network of services, which reach more than 420 ports on five continents.
By upgrading the Turmed service CMA CGM introduces a new environmentally-friendly transport alternative, allowing its customers to reduce their carbon footprint, while pursuing its strategy aimed at offering reliable, door-to-door services.
The Turmed service includes:
- Link from Central and North Italy to Turkey, Tunisia and Malta via the Port of Taranto
- Deployment of four 1,100-TEU vessels
- Daily train departures in Taranto
- Launch: July 10th, 2020 from the Port of Taranto
- Connections with the whole CMA CGM Network via Malta